Students who cannot be directly admitted to a Wageningen University master's study programme because of deficiencies in their previous completed bachelor education, may eliminate these deficiencies by following a pre-master's programme. A Wageningen University pre-master's programme consists of a maximum of 30 credits and is determined individually. It has to be obtained within one academic year.
During the enrolment as a pre-master student, students are only allowed to follow the subjects determined in their pre-master programme.
Upon successful completion of the pre-master programme students will be directly admitted to the master's programme.
It is not possible to apply for a pre-master programme, instead students should apply for the master's programme of their choice. When you cannot be directly admitted to the master's programme the admission committee can determine that you must first take subjects in a pre-master's programme to eliminate deficiencies in your previous education. The subjects that you will have to take are determined by the academic admissions committee together with your study advisor. Information on courses can be found in the study handbook.
Pre-master's students are allowed to start their pre-master programme as per September 1 or February 1. It is of course very important to arrange enrolment well in time. Information with regard to the enrolment will be sent after the admission committee decided to propose a pre-master's programme.
Fees pre-master programme
Students who want to participate in the courses of their pre-master's programme pay a fee equal to the proportional part of the statutory tuition fee.
The fee for the academic year 2020-2021 is 1/60th of € 2143.00 = € 35.72 per credit.
The fees for the academic year 2021-2022:
- Pre-master’s students who fulfil the nationality* requirement pay €36.13 per EC (this equals 1/60th of the statutory tuition fee 2021-2022 = €2168,-);
- Pre-master’s students who do not fulfil the nationality* requirement pay €311.67 per EC (this equals 1/60th of the institutional tuition fee 3 2021-2022 = €18,700,-)
Enrolment as a master's student after the pre-master programme:
Upon successful completion of your pre-master's programme you may enrol as a master's student. When the last mark of your pre-master programme has been booked you can enrol as a master's student. Please contact the Student Service Centre about the enrolment procedure. You will then have to pay tuition fee as a master's student for the remaining months of the academic year.
· A Wageningen pre-master's programme should be obtained within one academic year. It is not allowed to re-enrol as a pre-master student in the next academic year.
· The pre-master's fee must be paid before you can be enrolled as a pre-master's student.
· It is not possible to pay the pre-master's fee in instalments.
· There will be no restitution of the fee paid, should you decide to terminate your enrolment as a pre-master's student before you have obtained the credits you have paid for.