Africa Scholarship Programme
The Africa Scholarship Programme (ASP) offers talented and motivated students from Africa the unique opportunity to pursue a Master’s degree at Wageningen University and to support capacity building in Africa.
Available scholarships: 10
Application deadline for MSc programme: 1 February 2023
Start MSc programme: 1 September 2023
Components of the scholarship:
- Travel to and from Wageningen
- Living allowance for the duration of the programme (24 months)
- Tuition fee coverage for the duration of the programme (24 months)
- Visa costs and costs for health insurance
- A budget for one seminar in Europe (travel, stay, registration fee)
- A budget for participation in the 'Future Potential Programme'
1. You are a citizen of an African country.
2. You have applied for one the master’s programmes of Wageningen University & Research before the given deadline. Please see: How can I apply for the master’s programme?
3. You are an excellent and a proven top 5% student with a First class honours degree and a GPA of 80% or higher in a Bachelor degree.
If you do not meet all of the above requirements, you are not eligible for the Africa Scholarship Programme and you will not be invited for the selection procedure.
The selection procedure for this scholarship is based on invitation. It’s not possible to apply directly.
Step 1: Apply for an MSc programme before February 1st, 2023
If the requirements that are stated above apply to you, and you have applied for an MSc programme before the given deadline, you could be eligible for an invitation to the Africa Scholarship Programme selection procedure.
For the MSc application please see: How can I apply for the master’s programme?
A list of Wageningen University MSc programmes can be found here.
Step 2: Steps of the selection procedure
In March 2023, all students who have been unconditionally admitted to an MSc programme at Wageningen University will be assessed with regard to the Africa Scholarship Programme.
A selected group of candidates will be invited by e-mail on March 21, 2023 to participate in the ASP selection procedure. Only candidates who are invited to take part in the selection procedure will receive an e-mail.
The selected candidates will be invited to write an assignment for which the deadline will be April 3, 2023.
After a thorough assessment of all received assignments, a smaller selection of candidates will be invited for an online interview with a part of the selection committee. Candidates who have submitted an assignment will be informed on April 17, 2023 whether or not they will be invited for an online interview.
The Skype interviews will take place between April 20 and April 28, 2023.
Step 3: Result of the selection process
On May 15, 2023, the result of the selection process will be communicated to all candidates that had an online interview.
The possible results are:
- Positive and an ASP scholarship will be granted;
- Positive but the candidate will be placed on a waiting list;
- Negative, meaning that no ASP scholarship will be granted.
Step 4: Updates/changes
Important dates at a glance:
- February 1st 2023: Deadline to apply for an MSc programme
- March 21, 2023: Invitation of selected candidates to take part in the further selection process (approx. 60 candidates will be selected)
- April 3, 2023: Deadline of the assignment
- April 17, 2023: Decision about online interviews communicated (approx. 20 candidates will be interviewed)
- April 20 – April 28, 2023: Online interviews
- May 15, 2023: Results of the selection process communicated