The Africa Scholarship Programme (ASP) offers talented and motivated students from Africa the unique opportunity to pursue a Master’s degree at Wageningen University and to support capacity building in Africa.
Available scholarships: to be determined
Application deadline for MSc programme: 1 February 2024
Start MSc programme: 1 September 2024
Components of the scholarship:
- Travel to and from The Netherlands
- Living allowance for the duration of the programme (24 months)
- Tuition fee coverage for the duration of the programme (24 months)
- Visa costs and costs for health insurance
- A budget for one seminar in Europe (travel, stay, registration fee)
1. You are a citizen of an African country.
2. You have applied for one the master’s programmes of Wageningen University & Research before the given deadline. Please see: How can I apply for the master’s programme?
3. You are uncondittionally amitted to this MSc programme.
4. You are an excellent and a proven top 5% student with a First class honours degree and a GPA of 80% or higher in a Bachelor degree.
Only if you meet all of the above mentioned requirements you can be eligible for an invitation to the Africa Scholarship Programme selection procedure.
The selection procedure for this scholarship is based on invitation. It’s not possible to apply directly.
If the requirements that are stated above apply to you, and you have applied for an MSc programme before the given deadline, you could be eligible for an invitation to the Africa Scholarship Programme selection procedure.
For the MSc application please see: How can I apply for the master’s programme?
A list of Wageningen University MSc programmes can be found here.
In March 2024, all students who have been unconditionally admitted to an MSc programme at Wageningen University will be assessed with regard to the Africa Scholarship Programme.
A selected group of candidates will be invited by e-mail on March 21, 2024 to participate in the ASP selection procedure. Only candidates who are invited to take part in the selection procedure will receive an e-mail.
The selected candidates will be invited to write an assignment for which the deadline will be April 4, 2024.
After a thorough assessment of all received assignments, a smaller selection of candidates will be invited for an online interview with a part of the selection committee. Candidates who have submitted an assignment will be informed on April 17, 2024 whether or not they will be invited for an online interview.
The interviews will take place between April 23 and May 3, 2024.
On May 13, 2024, the result of the selection process will be communicated to all candidates who were interviewed.
The possible results are:
- Positive and an ASP scholarship will be granted;
- Positive but the candidate will be placed on a waiting list;
- Negative, meaning that no ASP scholarship will be granted.
Important dates at a glance:
- February 1 2024: Deadline to apply for an MSc programme
- March 21, 2024: Invitation of selected candidates to take part in the further selection process (approx. 40 candidates will be selected)
- April 4, 2024: Deadline of the assignment
- April 17, 2024: Decision about invitation online interviews communicated (approx. 20 candidates will be interviewed)
- April 23 – May 3, 2024: MS Teams interviews
- May 13, 2024: Results of the selection process communicated