The thesis is a compulsory part of every Master study programme of Wageningen University & Research. A major thesis is between 24 and 39 Ects and is at least 36 Ects for the master programme Geo-information Science (MGI).
Geo-information science thesis topics are narrowly related to the research programme of the Laboratory of Geo-informationt Science and Remote Sensing (GIRS). This research program covers a wide range of subjects. The following main themes have been selected to delineate the laboratory's identity:
- Sensing & measuring
- Modelling & visualization
- Integrated land monitoring
- Human - space interaction
- Empowering & engaging communities
The thesis research is conducted under supervision of a staff member of the GIRS group, but might also take place in another institute or company.
- Students have to follow the GRS thesis procedure. Complete guidelines for doing a thesis Geo-information Science are available.
- For the planning of the thesis research an overview with dates for the midterm presentations and colloquia are scheduled.
- Thesis topics can be selected from the GRS thesis topic list or under conditions be proposed by individual students.
- Past thesis projects can be consulted.
- Master thesis agreement (27,6 kb)
- GRS thesis proposal template (8,77 kb)
- GRS thesis assessment form (7,49 kb)
- GRS thesis report front page (docx) (220,19 kb)
- GRS thesis report front page (tex) (353,13 kb)
- Declaration form printing costs (41,46 kb)
- Rubric for assessment of MSc-thesis (43,5 kb)
- Manual Rubric for assessment of MSc-thesis (18,7 kb)
A thesis Geo-information Science is compulsory for the master Geo-information Science (MGI), is a restricted optional for the specializations 'Ecology' and 'Theoretical and Mathematical Biology' of the master Biology (MBI) and is optional for other Master of Science programs of Wageningen University & Research.