Main position at Wageningen University & Research
Dr. ir. Sjoukje Heimovaara was appointed to the position of President of the Executive Board of Wageningen University & Research on 1 July 2022.
Current second activities
Sjoukje Heimovaara is a council member and deputy chair of the Advisory Council for Science, Technology and Innovation (AWTI), which makes recommendations to the government on policy concerning science, technology, and innovation.
She is also a executive member of Topinstituut for Food and Nutrition (TIFN), member of the Supervisory Board of the Institute for Sustainable Process Technolgy (ISPT), member of the Supervisory Board of the Carbohydrate Competence Centre (CCC), member of the programme committee NWO KIC, member of the programme committee of One Planet, and member of the Bèta raad (exact sciences council).
- Managing director of the Agrotechnology and Food Sciences Group (AFSG) at Wageningen University & Research (WUR)
- CEO of Royal Van Zanten
- Managing director of Van Zanten Breeding BV
- R&D director of Royal Van Zanten
- Head of the Applied Plant Science (APS) department of TNO (Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research)
- Research associate/theme lead at TNO
- PhD candidate at Leiden University
Former secondary activities
- Executive member of ALW/NWO
- Executive member of NAKtuinbouw sector council
- Member of the VNO/NCW technology committee
- Executive member of TKI Horticulture and Basic Materials
- Executive member of the Groene genetica (green genetics) top institute
- Member of the Raad van Plantenrassen (council of plant varieties)
- Member of the Productschap Tuinbouw (horticulture commodities board) research committee
- Member of the Plantum research committee
Sjoukje Heimovaara is a member of the Dutch Academy of Technology and Innovation (ACTI).