Main position at Wageningen University & Research
Dr. ir. Sjoukje Heimovaara was appointed to the position of President of the Executive Board of Wageningen University & Research on 1 July 2022.
Sjoukje Heimovaara is a council member and deputy chair of the Advisory Council for Science, Technology and Innovation (AWTI), which advises the Dutch government and parliament on policy concerning science, technology, and innovation.
She is also Vice-Chair of the Netherlands Academy of Engineering, a SDG 12.3 Champion, member of the Supervisory Board of the Institute for Sustainable Process Technology (ISPT), member of the Scientific Advisory Committee of the UN Food System Coordination Hub and member of the recommendation committee of Museum Staal.
- Managing director of the Agrotechnology and Food Sciences Group (AFSG) at Wageningen University & Research (WUR)
- CEO of Royal Van Zanten
- Managing director of Van Zanten Breeding BV
- R&D director of Royal Van Zanten
- Head of the Applied Plant Science (APS) department of TNO (Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research)
- Research associate/theme lead at TNO
- PhD candidate at Leiden University
Former secondary activities
- Executive member of ALW/NWO
- Executive member of NAKtuinbouw sector council
- Member of the VNO/NCW technology committee
- Executive member of TKI Horticulture and Basic Materials
- Executive member of the Groene genetica (green genetics) top institute
- Member of the Raad van Plantenrassen (council of plant varieties)
- Member of the Productschap Tuinbouw (horticulture commodities board) research committee
- Member of the Plantum research committee
- Executive member of Top Institute Food and Nutrition (TIFN)
- Member of the Supervisory Board of the Carbohydrate Competence Centre (CCC)
- Member of programme committee of NWO KIC
- Member of programme committee of One Planet
- Member of the Bètaraad (Exact Sciences Council)
Sjoukje Heimovaara is a member of the Dutch Academy of Technology and Innovation (ACTI).