Early in July 2023, the Executive Board (EB) decided to work towards additional rules for partners who would like to cooperate with WUR. The EB has decided to sharpen the collaboration principles by adding decision criteria that assess the contribution of the cooperation partner – and not only the project – to the necessary major global transitions as described in our Strategic Plan.
The Executive Board has asked an Advisory Group to come up with an assessment framework this autumn that should help WUR decide on cooperation with future partners, starting with companies within the fossil industry.
The Advisory Group consists of the following people:
- Carolien Kroeze, Professor Environmental Systems Analysis (chair)
- Vincent Blok, Professor in Philosophy of Technology and Responsible Innovation
- Harry Bitter, Professor Biobased Chemistry and Technology
- Niklas Hoehne, Special Professor Mitigation of Greenhouse Gasses
- Aarti Gupta, Professor of Global Environmental Governance
- Harriette Bos, Senior Scientist Fossil free materials and Systems analysis
- Geert Aarts, Researcher Marine Mammals
- Katarina Smieskova, Master Student/Green Office
- Hilde Bos, Corporate Strategy & Accounts
On this page, the Advisory Group updates you on its progress and findings.