Oceans, seas, estuaries and lakes are major providers of ecosystem services such as food, tourism and coastal protection. In many cases, exploitation levels have bypassed the carrying capacity of these ecosystems. This has devastating effects on biodiversity and ecosystem functioning.
Do you want to learn about innovative and sustainable solutions to preserve marine biodiversity and its ecosystem functions? Are you going to tackle these issues, using an integrative approach to marine ecosystem management? Then this is the master’s for you.
Why this programme?
- Combining natural sciences and social sciences to find integrative solutions
- A lot of personal contact between teachers and students, informal study culture
- Research institute IMARES is part of Wageningen University & Research. This makes it possible to provide unique training opportunities in the marine field.
- Internationally oriented programme
Study programme of Aquaculture and Marine Resource Management
On the Programme of Aquaculture and Marine Resource Management page you can find the general outline of the programme and more detailed information about courses, theses and internships. You can also compare this study programme with similar programmes from Wageningen University & Research and other universities.
- Unfortunately, your cookie settings do not allow videos to be displayed. - check your settings
Within the master's programme you can choose one of the following specialisations:
Application and admission
Interested in taking part in the programme of Aquaculture and Marine Resource Management? Find out more about the specific Admission requirements and the application procedures.
The best way to get to know a place is by getting to know the people. Students share their experiences with you about the master's programme and student life in Wageningen on the page Student experiences.
What are your possibilities after graduating? Read more about Career perspectives and opportunities after finishing the programme.