The Excellence Programme is initiated by Wageningen University & Research to attract excellent students for a Master’s programme, and who might have the potential to do a PhD after their MSc graduation in Wageningen or elsewhere.
Available scholarships: To be determined
Application deadline for MSc programme: 1 February 2024
Start MSc programme: 1 September 2024
Components of the scholarship:
- A tuition fee waiver for the duration of the programme (24 months)
- A budget for one seminar in Europe (travel, stay, registration fee)
- You are citizen of a country outside the European Economic Area (and Switzerland)
- You have applied for one of the MSc programmes at Wageningen University & Research before the given deadline. Please see: How can I apply for the master’s programme?
- You are unconditionally admitted to this MSc programme
- You have a high GPA of 80% or higher. A First Class honours BSc graduation or equivalent is required.
The selection procedure for this scholarship is based on invitation. It’s not possible to apply directly.
If the requirements that are stated above apply to you and if you have applied for an MSc programme before the given deadline, you could be eligible for an invitation to the Excellence Programme selection procedure.
For the MSc application please see: How can I apply for the master’s programme? (Non EU/EFTA)
A list of Wageningen University MSc programmes can be found here
In March 2024, all students who have been unconditionallyadmitted to an MSc programme at Wageningen University will be assessed with regard to the Excellence Programme.
A selected group of candidates will be invited to participate in the Excellence selection procedure by email on April 16, 2024. Only candidates who are invited to take part in the selection procedure will receive an email.
The selection procedure consists of an assignment for which the deadline will be April 26, 2024.
On May 13, 2024, the result of the selection process will be communicated to all candidates submitted an assignment.
The possible results are:
- Positive and an Excellence Programme scholarship will be granted;
- Positive but the candidate will be placed on a waiting list;
- Negative, meaning that no Excellence Programme scholarship will be granted.
Important dates for the Excellence programme at a glance:
February 1, 2024: Deadline to apply for an MSc programme
April 16, 2024: Invitation of selected candidates to take part in the selection procedure (approx. 30 candidates will be selected)
April 26, 2024: Deadline for the assignment