For future international master students
What is the NL Scholarship?
The NL Scholarship (formerly known as Holland Scholarship) is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science and several Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences. This scholarship is meant for international students from one of the selected countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who wish to pursue a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the Netherlands.
Available scholarships: To be determined
Start MSc programme: September 2024
Components of the Scholarschip
If you are selected as a beneficiary of the NL Scholarship you will receive a one-time payment of € 5.000 in the first year of your studies. The selection committee has the option to grant a double scholarship of € 10.000 or a triple scholarship of € 15.000.
- The NL Scholarship will not be deducted from your tuition fee invoice.
- The NL Scholarship is not a full scholarship.
- The costs of living, visa and insurance are not covered by this scholarship.
1. You are an excellent student with a GPA of 80% or higher
2. You are citizen of Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States of America or Vietnam.
3. You have (un-)conditional admission to one of our on campus MSc programmes.
4. You did not participate in a degree programme in the Netherlands before.
* Please note that this scholarship will not be offered to students with a double nationality (EU/EEA and Non-EEA nationality).
Once (un-)conditionally admitted to one of the MSc programmes, candidates will be automatically invited to apply if all requirements are met.
The invitations to apply for the NL Scholarship will be send from February 1, 2024 on (on a weekly base).
The NL Scholarship is financially supported by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science and is administrated by Nuffic. As part of the scholarship programme the university is obliged to share the following details with both parties:
Awardees: Complete name, gender, date of birth, nationality, email address, country of prior education, name of Dutch university and programme for which the scholarship has been awarded.
Rejected candidates: Nationality, name of Dutch university and programme for which the applicant applied.
The NL Scholarship is made available by: Wageningen University & Research | VSNU (Association of Universities in the Netherlands) | Nuffic | Netherlands Association of Universities of Applied Sciences | Ministry of Education, Culture and Science.