Environmental Technology offers an education and research programme that is focused on sustainable technological solutions for the worldwide environmental problems. Our approach is to combine several disciplines in order to achieve innovations for environmental solutions.
Relevant research disciplines are biotechnology, microbiology, surface chemistry, organic chemistry, chemical technology, physical technology, etc. We also consider the social impact of our work to be very relevant and therefore we co-operate with other University groups, such as Environmental Policy, Environmental Economy and Management Studies.
Students that want to do a bachelor or master thesis or a research practice at Environmental Technology, can choose from an extensive list of projects that are offered. To find a topic of interest you can:
Do you have additional question? Please contact:
Internship positions can be found at the ETE Internships Brightspace site (only available for WUR students and employees). There you can discover and self-enroll at MSc Internships Environmental Technology. This is strongly advised for all students. All information about internships is provided through Brightspace.
Alternatively, you can find an internship project yourself and arrange approval by Environmental Technology. Contact Hardy Temmink:
Bachelor of Science (BSc) programme
- ETE10806 - Introduction Environmental Technology
- ETE21306 - Water Treatment
- ETE23803 - Environmental Process Engineering
- ETE25812 - Environmental Project Studies
- Environmental Sciences
- Urban Environmental Management
- Biosystems Engineering ( Agricultural and Bioresource Engineering)
- Molecular Life Sciences
- Biobased Sciences
- Metropolitan Analyses, Design and Engineering, AMS (Amsterdam)
In all these Master programmes, Environmental Technology offers the possibility to major.
- ETE22806 - Principles of Urban Environmental Management
- ETE24804 - Fundamentals of Environmental Technology
- ETE25306 - Basic Technologies for Urban Environmental Management
- ETE26304 - Renewable Energy Technologies
- ETE30306 - Biological Processes for Resource Recovery
- ETE30806 - Processes for Water Treatment and Reuse
- ETE32806 - Managing Urban Environmental Infrastructure
- ETE33806 - Planning and Design of Urban Space
- ETE34806 - Resource Quality in the Circular Economy
- ETE34306 - Energy, Water and Nutrient Cycles in the Built Environment
- ETE35306 - Environmental Electrochemical Engineering