The Bachelor Health and Society (BGM) and the Master Communication Health and Life Sciences, specialisation Health and Society (MCH) at Wageningen University & Research offer the unique opportunity to study health issues both inside and outside the health care sector taking into account the interaction between lifestyle and the social and physical environment.
The aim of the programs is to train students to become context-sensitive experts who are able to analyze health from a broad perspective and to promote health and well-being of individuals, communities and populations through scientific research, policy advice and engagement of practice. The staff of the chairgroup Health and Society lecture diverse courses in both programs. In addition, our staff members supervise students during their Bachelor or Master thesis.
Sometimes a thesis gets published! For example, this thesis about the ATLAS-school based health promotion programme by Bonnie van Dongen. Also research during internship gets published sometimes, for example this research about the development of social farming in Italy by Myriam Dell’Olio and this research 'Climate Change and Schools: Environmental Hazards and Resiliency' by Simone Uijttewaal.
- Green participation as a strategy to tackle health inequities
- Engaging vulnerable people in sports-based programs. A master thesis on barriers, resources and experiences in sports participation
- Narrowing the gap between political science and public health
- Attitudes and Practices Regarding Menstruation and Sexual Activity During Menstruation due to Stigma in the Western World
- Paving the way to better maternal and neonatal health outcomes. Identifying factors that influence dietary quality in low SES pregnant women: a literature review
- The outdoor play environment: Moving towards a stimulating outdoor environment for different forms of play
- Climate change and vector borne diseases
- Towards safe abortion: barriers and facilitating factors to obtaining a safe abortion in Ghana
- Understanding Work-Related Quality of Life of People with Intellectual Disabilities in the Netherlands
- Growpad: van realisatie naar optimalisatie. Een gebruikersonderzoek rondom Growpad 1.0
- A New Political Cycle for the Health of European Citizens: A possible way forward for influencing, facilitating, and prioritising health policy at European Union level
- BURN2LEARN. Is muscular fitness independently associated with mental health in older adolescents?