Animal breeding & genomics
Wageningen Livestock Research breeding experts use genetic properties and information on (farm) animals and fish to develop the best possible breeding schemes for the selection of animals. Thus, we contribute to livestock and fish farming innovations, increasing sustainability and improving the economy, environment, animal health, and animal welfare.
What can we do for you?
Our expertise includes:
- Breeding for less environmental impact by a higher feed efficiency and improved intestinal health
- Recording genetic properties for selection purposes
- Developing methods for improved genetic selection
- Designing breeding programmes for more robust farm animals and fisheries
- Leading the Centre for Genetic Resources, the Netherlands (CGN)
Contact the head of our department, Roel Veerkamp, and formulate a suitable solution to your knowledge questions on animal breeding and genomics together.