Maintaining or promoting intestinal health is of crucial importance for optimal production efficiency, overall health and promoting the welfare of our production animals. Are you wondering what factors affect gut health? New insights and developments from research on topics like the immune system in pigs and poultry, immune modulatory interventions, effect of the diet on intestinal health, interplay of gastro-intestinal microbiota will be covered in this course.
Registration deadline: 25 April 2023
Why follow this course?
After the course you will have up to date knowledge on a number of factors affecting intestinal health of production animals. During the course there is ample time to discuss issues of importance with the presenters, all who are experts in their particular science discipline. In addition, the course provides opportunity to network with colleagues.
- Accreditation points PE-Veterinair (Netherlands) for the 2023 edition are pending
Is this course for you?
The course is aimed at enriching knowledge of professionals (post graduate/academic level) and is intended for technical managers, R&D employees, nutritionists, veterinarians, researchers and teachers in poultry and swine science, as well as participants from the supplying industry or government.
Programme & topics
The influence of nutrition and immunology
The topics are introduced by different experts. There will be an ample opportunity for discussion. In this course we will pay attention to the following subjects:
- The immune system in pigs and poultry
- Interplay of gastro-intestinal microbiota with its animal host
- Lessons learned from immune modulatory interventions in poultry
- Importance of the intestinal innate immune responses as a determinant for health and growth
- Effect of the diet on intestinal health in pigs and poultry
- Potential feed additives
€ 650,- per person and covers tuition, course materials, lunch and refreshments.
Between 15 and 35 participants.