Are you looking for more theoretical background on plant pathology and entomology? This online course includes modules on phytopathology, nematology, entomology and virology. Online learning offers you a flexible learning process and the possibility to compose your own course. It is ideal for professionals and enables them to study the lecture material at their own pace and place.
This online course has been developed by experts from the laboratories on plant sciences of Wageningen University & Research in cooperation with the Royal Netherlands Society of Plant Pathology (KNPV) and the Foundation Willie Commelin Scholten for Phytopathology (WCS). The modules have been successfully followed by a broad audience from more than 20 countries and are well-rated.
You can register for any combination of modules with or without exam*
Why follow this course?
The complete course provides you with a concise overview of basic concepts and principles in the biology of plant pathogens and pests, including morphology, reproduction, detection and spread.
Is this course for you?
This online course is designed for professionals working with plantpathology, entomology and related topics. Participants are assumed to have knowledge at BSc level of plant sciences or biology by education or work.
The study material consists of built-in readers which contain all information, supported by interactive Q&A tests to check the acquired knowledge.
- Phytopathology (incl. bacteria) (M1)
- Nematology (M2)
- Entomology (M3)
- Virology (M4)
- Extra module: General terms
All the individual modules M1, M2, M3 and M4 are 1.0 ECTS per module.
1.0 ECTS equals ca. 28 study hours
More information on the covered topics can be downloaded.
After registration and payment you get a personal account that gives access to the online learning materials for one year.
This is a individual self-paced course. You can start anytime and follow any combination of modules.
You receive a personal account that gives you access to the online learning platform for 1 year.
: € 495
: € 195 (per examination date)
You will receive a certificate after successfully doing exam.
Optional: exam and certificate
Each module can be completed by doing an exam. This is optional. You can buy one exam date option per time via the registration form. The price per examination date is €195,-. Per examination date one or multiple exams can be taken for the same price. You can state your preferred exam option in the remarks box of the registration form. Based on your purchase we will contact you for further arrangements regarding your exam.
Online exam, supervised at work location employee - fixed dates
Doing exam(s) online on your personally owned laptop at your work location. This exam option is only available for employees of a business, research or educational institute who can make use of their own laptop*. These online exams are on fixed dates and must be supervised by your manager / HRM-employee at your work location. Instructions will be send in advance. This option saves you travel time and costs. The opportunities to do online exam are on:
- Thursday 15 June 2023 between 08.30 – 17.00 CEST/UTC+2h. Registration deadline is Sunday 28 May 2023 at 23.59 CEST /UTC+2h.
- Tuesday 10 October 2023 between 08.30 – 17.00 CEST/UTC+2h. Registration deadline is Sunday 24 September 2023 at 23.59 CEST /UTC+2h.
- Tuesday 16 January 2024 between 08.30 – 17.00 CET/UTC+1h. Registration deadline is Sunday 17 December 2023 at 23.59 CET /UTC+1h.
- Tuesday 18 June 2024 between 08.30 -17.00 CEST/UTC+2h. Registration deadline is Sunday 2 June 2024 at 23.59 CEST/UTC+2h.
More exam dates for 2024 will become available in time.
* For the online exams we strongly advise to use your personally owned laptop; on corporate owned devices security issues with WURs exam software can occur.
Handwritten exam, supervised at Wageningen Campus - date in mutual agreement
Doing handwritten exam(s) on Wageningen Campus. Dates are set in mutual agreement. These exam are done in-person so you have to travel to Wageningen. The supervision on campus is organised by Wageningen Academy.
After completing the exam successfully, a certificate with the relevant study credits (ECTS) is issued. The certificate is designed for a business environment and gives no immediate rights to apply towards a formal degree programme on a university. On a personal basis exemptions can be made by academic institutions.
You can use STAP-Budget for this course. Please read the items below carefully.
1) Make sure that you are eligible to request STAP-Budget.
You can read the prerequisites here.
2) Be aware about the steps you need to take to request STAP-Budget.
3) Indicate the module(s) you want to follow on the registration form and mark the exam box. Do you want to use the STAP-budget but not take an exam? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Due to the STAP-Budget regulations we can only give you access to the course (modules and/or exam) after you received your STAP-Budget.
Questions about the STAP-Budget? Do you need help with filling out the registration form? Please contact us.