Are you interested in learning about animal behaviour and conservation interventions from a behaviour-based perspective?
Learn how the science of animal behaviour can be applied to deliver innovative conservation actions on species and threats worldwide.
Why follow this programme?
Are you interested in learning the fundamentals of animal behaviour science, and how to apply conservation interventions from a behaviour-based perspective?
This programme consists of online courses, informative knowledge clips, case studies, interviews, and practical assignments through which you’ll learn:
- To understand how and why animals behave the way they do and how we test hypotheses about behaviour scientifically
- Become familiar with how animal behaviour mitigates conservation challenges such as environmental change, human-wildlife conflict and reintroductions into the wild.
- Learn to leverage animal behaviour for designing innovative conservation interventions
Is this programme for you?
Whether you are a wildlife conservation biologist, a student in biology, environmental or animal sciences, or simply someone with a general interest in animal behaviour or conservation science, join us!
What you'll learn
- Understand key concepts of animal behaviour: how animals learn, communicate, reproduce, and interact socially, shaped by natural selection
- Connect key behavioural concepts to relevant conservation challenges
- Recognize which behavioural traits can serve as threat and management indicators and use relevant resources to find species-specific information on conservation biology
- Identify successful examples of behaviour-based conservation management and design a basic species action plan, incorporating a behaviour-based conservation action
This certificate complements knowledge and skills required for:
- Biologists and behaviourists
- Biology or Conservation Teachers
- Tour Guides in Zoos and Nature Reserves
- Wildlife Managers
Content of the Programme
MOOC Introduction to Animal Behaviour
This biology and life sciences course introduces the complexities of wild animal behaviour and how behaviour is studied.
Explore the amazing range and complexity of wild animal behaviour. Discover how animals learn, communicate, find food, avoid predators and interact socially.
This animal behaviour course is aimed at anyone looking to broaden their understanding of animal behaviour beyond nature documentaries or a typical high school education.
MOOC Animal Behaviour in Conservation
This course helps you apply the ‘conservation behaviour’ perspective to major conservation challenges such as environmental change, human-wildlife conflict, and wildlife reintroductions.
Gain the skills needed to effectively monitor these threats, increase your understanding of the diverse ways animals respond to environmental change and leverage animal behaviour to design innovative interventions for conservation biology.