What will happen if we can't use aeroplanes in the future because we need to travel in a more environmentally friendly manner? Where will we go? What will we do? How will this impact the (perceived) well-being of those who believe they have a right to travel? In this online course, we talk about different things that could happen in the future of tourism and how you should adapt to it. We will consider how we can make these changes work well for tourism and people who like to travel.
Why follow this course?
Tourism is changing quickly all around the world. It's important for people like tourism planners, managers, and business owners to be able to handle these changes and adapt to them. As a tourism professional, you are or will be, confronted with gradual and sudden forms of natural, socio-political, and economic disruptions that will impact your tourism organization and/or destinations now and in the future.
Is this course for you?
This online course is perfect for tour operators, hotels, airlines, DMOs, and governmental organizations. Travellers and anyone interested in tourism are also welcome to join.
What you will learn:
- Familiarise yourself with diverse tourism futures, some more mainstream, some more radical
- Identify needs concerning more resilient/regenerative destinations
- Explore systemic tendencies to act upon threats and opportunities
- Reflect on personal/organisational tendencies to act towards uncertain tourism future(s)
- Apply the art of futuring to make well-informed and creative decisions for a future-proof travel
- Back-cast and identify steps that are required to get there