The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is a joint international institution of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU). Its mission is to advance food and nutritional security, increase prosperity and encourage sound natural resource management in ACP countries. It facilitates access to information and knowledge; supports evidence-based, multi-stakeholder development of agricultural policies and strategies; promotes inclusive value chain development and use of ICTs and strengthens the capacities of agricultural and rural development institutions and communities. CTA has an opening for an intern within the Knowledge Management and Communication (KMC) Programme. CTA provides support to agricultural and rural development activities across the ACP regions through supporting Information, Communication and Knowledge management (KM) initiatives.
A small team works within the KMC Programme to support and develop the CTA KM capacity strengthening activities with partners. To better focus its interventions, CTA is developing a site on Knowledge Management. The intern will work under the guidance of the project team leader (acting as mentor) and in collaboration with the other team members.
Under the guidance of his/her mentor, the intern will carry out the following activities:
- Assist in the development of content for the new KM website being produced by CTA.
- Contribute blog articles to the site and other social media related to the work of the KM programme.
- Review existing guidance for content style and suitability for intended audiences.
- Survey and elicit feedback from users of the site through interviews to assist in the development of KM projects.
- Provide support in the preparation and organisation of KM-related events by the CTA.
- Perform other tasks as requested by the mentor.
Academic qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Recent graduate, between 22 and 29 years old (maximum).
- National of one of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (79 African, Caribbean and Pacific States – http://www.acp.int/content/secretariat-acp - and the European Union Member States).
- University degree in information, communication or knowledge management.
- Education/experience in ICTs, Web 2.0 tools and social media.
- Good organisation, inter-personal and communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of one of the Centre's two working languages (French or English) and a satisfactory knowledge of the other one.
- Participation in CTA activities will give you an invaluable experience at international level.
Internship stipend (€ 800 per month for holder of a Bachelor’s degree, € 1,000 holder of a Master’s degree).
- Payment of travel costs when joining and leaving the Centre.
- Medical coverage for emergency cases of sickness and accident, for the duration of the internship.
How to apply
Interested candidates are required to send their application via email or mail. Applications should include:
- A letter of motivation (maximum one page explaining why the candidate considers that he/she is in a position to successfully contribute to project implementation and what he/she expects to gain from the internship. The date of earliest availability should be specified as well);
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae, preferably EUROPASS format (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae );
- A copy of the highest diploma/degree, as well as training certificates related to the position. Original documents are to be presented once a candidate is selected.
- Two letters of recommendation and/or references.
Applications submitted by email should be sent to Pascal Deleu, Human Resources Officer. Email: email@example.com Please indicate in the “Subject” of the email the title ‘KM internship application’. Deadline for applications: 10 March 2014.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.Starting date March/April 2014
Duration 6 months (renewable once)
Location Wageningen, The Netherlands
Closing date for application 10 March 2014 or until the position is filled.