The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) in Cameroon and the ZALF carry out a research project on the potential of innovative approaches for the cocoa value chain in Cameroon with a strong focus on certified cocoa. In this, a study on the potential of certified cocoa from Cameroon will be carried out. For this we give the opportunity to a master student from WUR to carry out the necessary research in the Netherlands and/or another country as deemed necessary (Belgium, Germany?), which should be used for her/his master thesis.
Detailed terms of reference
- Compilation of available data/literature review
- Development of the research approach
- Development of research design (interview guide, …)
- Data collection specifically among representatives of cocoa traders and cocoa processors (chocolate producers etc.)
- Data analysis
- Internship report or master thesis
- Other assignments as deemed necessary by the supervisor from the university
The application should include the following documents:
- Motivation letter
- CV, including 3 references
- A recent report from your university
- A scientific text you wrote (e.g. seminar paper, scientific report)
- A very brief concept of how you would approach the research
Applications are welcome until 2nd October 2017.