Knowing how to convincingly and attractively present your idea is an indispensable skill. Scientists must be able to explain their work effectively and memorably to both their peers and non-specialist audiences.
This presentation skills training is designed to provide you with practical tools to design and deliver inspiring and captivating presentations.
This course is offered in collaboration with Wageningen Graduate Schools (WGS).
PhD candidates, postdocs and staff of Wageningen University & Research who want to improve and practice their oral presentations skills.
Become aware of your presentation style, pitfalls and qualities
Learn to focus your presentations on the ‘why’ of your research
Craft a captivating scientific presentation using examples, metaphors and visuals to bring your research data to life and to engage your audience
Structure your content in a compelling and memorable way appropriate to your audience
Develop body language and voice skills to communicate powerfully
Improve the effectivity of your word choice and your pronunciation
Speak with confidence, ease and impact in front of a group
Course length and credits
2.5 days of lectures and practice, for a total of 15 contact hours
17 self-study hours
Dates and times
Presenting with Impact is given 4 times a year. Please click below for the latest course schedule.
The course material is included in the course fee and will be distributed during class or by email.
Participants must attend all course sessions and give a presentation to receive a certificate.
To be admitted to this course, you need to score at least 60 on the Oxford Online Placement Test (click here to make an appointment) or attain an equivalent score on another international test:
- At least 6.5 on the IELTS exam
- At least grade C on the FCE exam (Cambridge)
- At least grade C on the CAE exam (Cambridge)
- At least 80 on the TOEFL exam (internet-based)
We will also accept a diploma of any English-taught Master’s programme at a Dutch university.
|Reduced fee*||€ 192|
|University fee**||€ 384|
|External fee||€ 450|
- Including course material and resit
- Excluding tea, coffee and lunch
- We only accept payment by debit or credit card
- PhD candidates of Wageningen University with an approved Training and Supervision Plan (TSP) who are registered at one of the WU graduate schools (EPS, PE&RC, VLAG, WASS, WIAS, WIMEK).
- Postdocs of Wageningen University who are registered at one of the WU graduate schools.
- All other PhD candidates / Wageningen University postdocs and staff.
You may cancel free of charge up to four weeks before the start of the course. After this date you will be charged the University fee. Unless:
- You can find someone to replace you in the course and supply the course coordinator with the name and contact information of your replacement. In this case you will only be charged a € 50,- cancellation fee.
- You (PhDs and postdocs of Wageningen University) have a valid reason to cancel (illness or death in the family 1st or 2nd degree). In this case you will be charged the reduced fee and your supervisor/PI must send a mail indicating the reason for cancellation.