Wim van de Poel appointed as special professor
We congratulate Wim van de Poel with his appointment as special professor in Emerging and zoonotic viruses at the Quantitative veterinary epidemiology group. We welcome him to WIAS and wish him good luck with his new position!
End-of-the-Year Event: registration is open
This year, the WIAS End of the Year event will take place on Tuesday 11 December. Save the date in your agenda and register yourself now by clicking . Deadline for registration is 6 December 2018.
We are happy to announce the speakers of this year’s symposium:
13:00 – 16:00 Symposium on collaboration in clusters, in Zodiac C085.
From the Integrative Animal Biology cluster:
· Sylvia Brugman: “Feeling blue: how the zebrafish helps us to understand intestinal health”
· Bart Pollux: “The role of rapid evolution in acquiring resilience of aquatic systems under biological invasions”
From the Animal Populations, Interactions and Genomics cluster:
· Piter Bijma: “Integrating quantitative genetics and epidemiology to better combat infectious diseases in livestock”
· Simen Fredriksen: “Determining genetic influence on host-microbe interactions”
From the Animals in Future Food Systems and Society cluster:
· Akke Kok: “No dry period: consequences for dairy cows, cash flows, and climate”
· Guido Bosch: “Insects in the circular economy: a brief overview of our projects on mini-livestock”
16:00 – 18:00 Drinks and bites in the main hall of Zodiac
Call for WIAS fellowships 2019
WIAS invites PhD candidates who wish to travel abroad, postdocs who want to write a grant proposal and staff members who wish to invite guest researchers to submit a proposal for a WIAS fellowship. More information and application information can be found on the WIAS website.
WIAS Lunch Lectures
The upcoming WIAS lunch lecture will be on Tuesday 4 December at 12.15 in room A0107 of the Zodiac building. The WIAS lunch lectures take place every first Tuesday of the month. (NB: in January 2019 there will be no WIAS lunch lecture. The first one in 2019 will be on Tuesday 5 February 2019)