ENERGIA, the International Network on Gender and Sustainable Energy, is looking for an enthusiastic intern to support the International Secretariat for at least six months.
The intern will work directly with the ENERGIA Communications Coordinator to raise the visibility of ENERGIA’s work among key stakeholders through the update and development of key “on and off-line” communication products. The position provides an excellent opportunity to gain experience working for an international development organisation.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Website: support the update of the ENERGIA International Website - Review current website and think creatively how to make it more attractive - Develop and upload new content (TYPO 3).
- Social Media: support the creation of a Facebook, Twitter and or other social media (e.g. LinkedIn, blog) account and maintain these accounts up to date, posting and uploading information on a regular basis.
- Online survey: support the development and implementation of an online survey that will provide base line information on ENERGIA stakeholders’ knowledge/information needs.
- Tipsheets: Develop tipsheets on photography, interviewing, writing articles (story of change), press releases, background articles, etc. for non-communication specialists.
- Address list: create a list of ENERGIA’s contacts which can be accessed/used 'on and off line' by the ENERGIA International Secretariat.
- Media map: Develop a media map that includes the most important and relevant media outlets (mainstream, digital as well as institutional) for ENERGIA at international level and at the national level, the latter in coordination with the country program.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Communications (or about to finish it)
- Excellent command of English (ENERGIA’s work language is English)
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of CMS and Adobe Creative Suite
- Proven working knowledge of social media platforms and tools
- Interest in development cooperation, gender, energy
- Ability to work independently yet a team player
- Creativity and enthusiasm
The internship is for a period of 6 months April - September 2014, with a part-time percentage of 80% (32 hours per week), based at ETC offices in Leusden, The Netherlands. Candidates should be in a position to work in the Netherlands.
ENERGIA brings together member organisations from 22 countries in Asia and Africa into a collective endeavour aimed at mainstreaming gender in energy sector policies and programs in developing countries. In response to demands from stakeholders in the energy sector, ENERGIA has been working on a range of activities which can be grouped into five broad categories: engendering energy projects and programmes; capacity building; policy influencing and advocacy; institutional networking and knowledge management and research.
ETC Foundation (www.etc-international.org) is an international not-for-profit foundation headquartered in the Netherlands, which facilitates international thematic networks and hosts a number of national and global programmes. Since 1999, ETC has been hosting the International Secretariat (IS) of the ENERGIA International Network on Gender and Sustainable Energy (www.energia.org).