Contribution to travel expenses for students abroad
Wageningen University & Research offers compensation for any additional costs that must be incurred for students of Wageningen University & Research who are abroad for the internship or thesis and who have to, or want to, return to the Netherlands due to the corona crisis.
Which costs are reimbursed?
Extra costs that you have to incur because you have to return earlier because of the coronavirus outbreak will be compensated. In most cases the ticket prices will be higher than what you assumed before leaving the Netherlands.
Did the Science Group permit your trip to an orange country but it turns red before you leave, you will not be reimbursed for any costs. Did the Science Group permit your trip and did the travel advice turn orange or red afterwards? WUR will under certain conditions reimburse the extra costs you had to incur to postpone your trip/return earlier.
- Before you left you bought a one-way ticket for € 300 euros. Your one-way return ticket now costs € 500 euros. WUR will reimburse € 200 euros.
- Before you left you bought a return ticket for € 600. You now have to buy a new ticket for € 400 euros. WU reimburses € 400 euros.
- You may declare any hotel costs, taxi costs, train costs, etc. that you have incurred that you would not have incurred if you had returned under normal circumstances.
- The return journey must take place or must have taken place after September 1 2020 and the reason of your return is an orange or red travel advice by the Dutch Goverment
- The trip abroad takes place within the framework of the study program at Wageningen University & Research and has been approved in advance.
- Copies of proof of payment / tickets purchased before the period started abroad (one way or return) must enclosed.
- Copies of proof of payment/ticket used for your return to the Netherlands must be enclosed.
- Copies of proof of payment of any additional costs must be enclosed.
- The extra costs incurred may not be declared elsewhere.
- Proof of the Science Group. The form 'Questionnaire for approval of request for travelling to risk area Yellow and Green for Students’
- You have to send in your application within one month after returning from your travels
How to apply:
We try to process it as soon as possible. Keep in mind that it can take a few weeks before everything is processed.