Internship Food Sciences
There are lots of possibilities to do an internship in your home country and abroad. Many industrial companies, research institutes and universities offer internships.
The internship is a compulsory part of the Masters at Wageningen University. During an academic internship, the acquired knowledge and skills are put into practice while gaining relevant work experience at an academic level. The aim of the internship is to apply knowledge and perform skills in a potential future work field, for example in a company, a public institution, a research organisation, another university, or a non-governmental organisation, thereby broadening the academic horizon.
There are plenty of possible internship hosts. Students can look for internship hosts themselves or have a look at the vacancies that are shared via the internship coordinators.
Students can find more elaborate information on the internship Brightspace:
MSc Internship Food Sciences (MFT, MFS, MFQ)
BSc Internship Food Technology
The internship coordinators food sciences are responsible for the programs:
Students from the following programs might also find an internship connected to food sciences:
Students can contact the internship coordinators in case of questions or if extra support in finding an internship is needed. Companies can contact the internship coordinators to share an internship vacancy or for an exploratory talk.
Contact Internship Coordinator
What is the duration of an internship period?
A duration of minimal 24 ECTS (= 4 month’s) is compulsory. The internship period is scheduled in the 2nd year of the Master.
It is allowed to do an internship for up to 39 ECTS (= 6.5 months). Longer periods will not be rewarded with extra credits.
Does Wageningen University organise the internships?
How do I organise an internship?
Is it preferable to do a MSc thesis first and after that an internship?
How much time do I need for organising an internship?
How do I contact a possible placement?
Are there any grants available?
Which agreements I have to make with a placement?
- Starting- and end date
- Subject / Project
- Maybe allowance in cost of travelling and housing
- How to meet each other for the first time
- Reporting and confidentiality. Probably you have to sign a confidentiality agreement.
Do I get a university supervisor?
How is the internship graded?
What else is important to know?
- Insurance for travelling: The Wageningen University will pay for you. Please go for this matter to the student desk in Forum.
- Visa: getting the right papers and visa needs lots of time. Generally a statement of both University (internship coordinator) and internship placement is needed.
- “OV jaarkaart”: Use the standard form and let sign by your internship coordinator and stamp by your department.
- Health insurance: Please check at the insurance company if all necessary things are covered.