Are you aware of the challenges and opportunities in the agrifood sector? Are you eager to get to know the innovations and trends in the agrifood sector? Would you like to have a vision of the whole food chain? Do you want to know the role animal production in circular farming and food system? Connect scientific knowledge with industrial innovation? Join this online Summer School for students and learn trough lectures, group interaction, assignments and an interdisciplinary approach from Wageningen University & Research experts.
Registration deadline: 30 July 2021
Why join this programme?
By attending this online Summer School you will;
- Get an overview of current and future trends in the agriculture and food domain
- Expand your knowledge and learn about new technologies and innovations. The whole value chain from environment, to agriculture production, to food processing and design and also human nutrition and health will be explored
- Experience how to solve challenges from diverse perspectives together with multidiscipline team members
- Get an insight on how education is organized within WUR
For whom is this online Summer School?
This programme is developed for future professionals such as bachelor and master students who are interested in boarding the insights of the agricultural and food domain, especially with a focus of the livestock sector. At least Bsc level of English is required.
Programme and topics
With the purpose of providing high-quality education students from all over the world, with an interest in the Agri & Food domain, this online Summer School is developed and offered.
The programme will be delivered in the form of online courses and academic lectures covering cuttingedge technologies and new trend of animal production system, circular agriculture, agriculture food and nutrition. The 2-week programme will contain 10 online courses or lectures with 20 total teaching hours and more than 10 group study hours. All courses, lectures and assignments will be conducted through Brightspace, the online learning platform of WUR. The following topics will be discussed in relation to global challenges, trends, technology transfer and innovation:
- Environment and animal production
- Animal breeding / nutrition & health
- Resilient and safe food chain
- Food processing and nutrition
The online Summer School will be hosted by Dr. Zhen Liu, Wageningen Academy, Wageningen University & Research.