Course Novel Sensing Technologies
Are you looking for insights in the latest non-destructive sensing technologies to analyse fresh horticultural products and gain insights in their properties? Do you want to use data modeling for quality measurements and assessment? Then this course is something for you. Novel sensing technologies provide tools to increase yield, improve postharvest quality and make better decisions in fresh supply chains and thus reduce food waste.
Registration deadline: 22 October 2023
Register directly or download the flyer.
Why follow this course?
After successfull completion of this course, you have learned:
- the basic principles behind different sensing technologies and modeling approaches for analyzing physicochemical properties of fresh produce.
- Furthermore, you will understand the capabilities and challenges and can start applying new sensing approaches in your own business.
Is this course for you?
This course is designed for technical professionals responsible for quality assurance, marketability, safety, logistics, research and associated activities in fresh produce supply chains. The target audience consists of persons active in breeding, production, trade, retail, tech developers and equipment builders with a focus on (postharvest) quality.
No prior knowledge on the course topics is required.
Programme & topics
The course offer a mix of lectures, demonstrations, networking, and ample time for discussions and questions. Together, you will explore the challenges of:
- Capabilities and challenges of current and future sensing approaches for assessment of fresh horticultural products (fruit, vegetables, flowers and potted plants)
- Where and how the different sensing approaches can be used
- The novel modelling approaches to make meaning to sensor data
- Handling different sensors
You can download the flyer for more information about the programme.
The course fee is € 1,695.- per person and covers tuition, course materials, demonstrations, lunches and one dinner.
For PhD students we offer a reduced course fee of € 1,125.-.
Between 20 and 30 participants.
After attending this course a certificate is issued.
More information & registration
You can register for the this course or download the flyer. Questions? Contact Wageningen Academy.