Deadline: 10 September 2016 I 20-25 October 2016: Haitang Bay, Sanya, China
The Auxin 2016 organizers have secured funding from the US National Science Foundation* and additional private sponsors to partially defray registration costs for up to 30 early career plant scientists including graduate students, postdoctoral researchers (in a postdoc title) and early-career faculty (holding an Assistant Professor or equivalent title).
- We will award up to 30 scholarships. These scholarships will cover 50% of registration costs (which already include nearly all meals).
- Awards will be given as reimbursements after the conference.
- You must have a valid passport and visa to enter China. If selected, you will not receive the award if you are unable to attend the meeting due to lack of travel documentation, or any other reason.
- Since these awards by themselves will be insufficient to pay for the entire meeting, other funds must be available to applicants to cover remaining meeting costs (e.g., travel, lodging)
- The organizers will review and select awardees from among eligible applications received by the deadline (10 September 2016) and announce awards by 30 September 2016.
Auxin 2016 Website
- Applicants must be full-time plant biology researchers in accredited universities or institutions. For NSF-funded scholarships, applicants must be US citizens or US permanent residents
- Only graduate students, postdoctoral researchers and junior faculty (holding an Assistant Professor or equivalent title) will be considered.
- Applicants must submit an abstract to the meeting (for poster or oral presentation). You do not have to submit an abstract to the conference before awards are announced, but if selected, you must submit an abstract before the final deadlines posted by the organizers.
- You must present your abstract at Auxin 2016 to receive the award.
- quality of the science and research abstract,
- strength of the curriculum vitae,
- ethnic and gender diversity, and
- strength of the statement about how attending the meeting will impact the applicant’s research and/or career.
Application Directions and List of Required Items
- Completed applications must be emailed/received by 10 September 2016 (11 PM EST) in one PDF file (NOT as separate files). Applications should be sent to: email@example.com
- Incomplete or incorrect applications will not be considered
A Complete Funding Application Includes
- Fully completed Registration Award Cover Letter (download template file here)
- Brief research abstract, including title and author(s) (up to 300 words)
- Brief Curriculum vitae (1-3 pages maximum which must include undergraduate, graduate education and degree attainment, and professional appointments, if applicable; and should include awards/fellowships, scientific presentations given, relevant activities and up to 5 recent publications)
- Brief paragraph (up to 250 words) describing how attending Auxin 2016 will impact your research and/or career and what you hope to achieve by attending.
*The organizers are deeply grateful for the strong support NSF is providing for US plant biologists.