Struggling to put your thoughts on paper? Wondering about more efficient writing strategies? Wishing you could improve your productivity? Longing for structure?
This course is offered in collaboration with Wageningen Graduate Schools (WGS).
Efficient Writing Strategies will guide you through the different stages of an effective writing process and give you the opportunity to discover your strengths and weaknesses and the strategies that work best for you. At the same time, you will make a good start to your writing task, be it an article, research paper, proposal or ‘first-year paper’.
PhD candidates and post docs who want to better understand and manage their writing process
- Learn to identify pros & cons of different writing strategies
- Learn to divide the writing process into different activities
- Learn to understand, plan, write and revise your writing task
- Detect and solve issues concerning productivity, the research questions, structure, style and language
- Use feedback as a fruitful tool, whether you are the giver or the receiver of the feedback
Course duration and credits
- Five 2.5-hour sessions
- 24 hours of self-study
- 1.3 ECTS
Dates and times
Efficient Writing Strategies is given twice a year. Please click below for the course schedule.
- Effective Strategies for Academic Writing - Joy de Jong
- The course material is included in the course fee and will be distributed in the first session.
To receive a certificate, participants must meet the following 3 requirements: (1) attend the first class, (2) attend 3 of 4 of the remaining classes and (3) submit all assignments on time.
|Reduced fee*||€ 220,-|
|University fee**||€ 440,-|
|External fee||€ 440,-|
The fee includes study and training material. Coffee/tea and lunches are not included.
- PhD candidates of Wageningen University with an approved Training and Supervision Plan (TSP) who are registered at one of the WU graduate schools (EPS, PE&RC, VLAG, WASS, WIAS, WIMEK).
- Postdocs of Wageningen University who are registered at one of the WU graduate schools.
- All other PhD candidates / Wageningen University postdocs and staff.
You may cancel free of charge up to four weeks before the start of the course. After this date you will be charged the University fee. Unless:
- You can find someone to replace you in the course and supply the course coordinator with the name and contact information of your replacement. In this case you will only be charged a € 50 cancellation fee.
- You (PhDs and postdocs of Wageningen University) have a valid reason to cancel (illness or death in the family 1st or 2nd degree). In this case you will be charged the reduced fee and your supervisor/PI must send a mail indicating the reason for cancellation.