Enrolment as a student (or extraneus) ends on the last day of the academic year, August 31, if the enrolment has not been ended prematurely.
Information about termination of enrolment due to the coronavirus outbreak below.
In case of possible graduation, please submit the request for terminating the enrolment well in time and no later than the day you took your last exam or finished your thesis or internship . You don’t need to wait for your last mark being booked in Osiris!
In Studielink you are asked to mention a reason for termination. If you choose for ‘graduation’, we will only end your enrolment after you have been actually graduated.
Please note: it’s not possible to terminate retroactively.
Following termination of the enrolment, refund of tuition fees is possible, except if you do request for termination as of July or August.
You will not receive a refund if you deregister on 1 July or 1 August. Your enrolment will be automatically terminated as of 1 September.
Wageningen University & Research can also terminate the enrolment of a student during the academic year in the following cases:
1. if it appears (after enrolment) that the registrant, at the time of enrolment did not satisfy one or more of the enrolment conditions of enrolment in article 1.2. The enrolment will be terminated immediately.
2. if the registrant, even after being warned by the university, does not satisfy the obligation of payment of (instalments of) tuition fees (see article 7.42, section 2*)
3. if the registrant is guilty of serious fraud related to his study programme (article 7.12b*)
4. if the registrant, who violates the rules and regulation as set by the Executive Board with regard to the use of buildings and premises of WUR, causes serious inconveniences and continues to do so even after being warned by the Executive Board (article 7.57h*).
All students, Dutch or international, can of course terminate their enrolment every month. However, international students, holding a residence permit for the Netherlands based on study, must be aware that their residence permit will end on the date that their enrolment ends and that they have to leave the Netherlands. Leaving the Netherlands is very complicated and expensive at the moment. Therefore, you need to contact the International Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) before terminating your enrolment and explain your situation.
Please note that re-applying for legal residence in the Netherlands is very hard at the moment and all embassies may be closed. Please first contact our Student Immigration Office via email@example.com .
For above mentioned reasons we advise international students, holding a residence permit based on study, to remain registered as a student during the Coronavirus outbreak.
In normal circumstances you may only re-enrol from 1 September or 1 February. However, in the event that you cannot start or finish your internship or thesis due to the corona outbreak, an exception can be made. You can then request permission to be re-enrolled from the first of any another month.
You can only make use of this flexible re-enrolment if you will start with a thesis or internship (all students) in your home country (non-EU students if they are in their home country at the moment).
Flexible re-enrolment is only possible with the approval of the thesis / internship supervisor and your study adviser. Please ask your study advisor to send their approval to firstname.lastname@example.org In some cases you can keep your WUR account. The head of SSC decides whether you can re-enrol as per another date and whether or not you can keep your account.
Note: The right to student finance and public transport expires on your date of termination of enrolment. You must cancel your student loan and public transport yourself at DUO. So make sure you do this before the date of termination.
Do you want to make use of this regulation? Then first contact your study advisor. He/she can submit the request to SSC.
Note: Your WUR account* will be de-activated when you terminate your enrolment at Wageningen University & Research.
* If you have any questions about your WUR account, contact IT Servicedesk. Email: email@example.com, or telephone (0317-4)88888.