My current work includes the following topics:
- The modelling of resilience of Socio-ecological Systems (SES), such as agri-food systems;
- The development and application of Agent-based Models (ABMs) and dynamic models for the description of SES;
- The development of analysis methodologies like sensitivity analysis for ABMs;
- The development of crop modelling techniques.
Previously I have done work on:
- Model quality insurance of nature and environmental policy models;
- Tipping points modelling;
- The development of methodologies for the detection and continuation of (global) bifurcations;
- The development of guidelines for validation of health-economic models.
I am furthermore the course coordinator of the course MAT14803 (basic mathematics), co-coordinator of SSB-30806 Modelling Biological Systems II, and involved in several courses and Summer Schools on mathematics and Agent Based Modelling.
I am a member of SiLiCo.