Some of these resources are available only in Dutch. If you need extra information, we encourage you to connect to SHOUT Wageningen.
Local LGBT+ organisations
SHOUT Wageningen: LGBT+ interest group and social association in Wageningen. They offer a safe meeting place for LGBT+ people with parties, activities and support groups. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Out&Abroad: The organisation for Chinese LGBTQIA+ in the Netherlands.
- Colour Ground: Online meeting place for LGBT youth with different cultural background.
- Mil Colores: For LBT woman of color (adults).
- Respect2Love: A community for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender youth with a bicultural background.
- Trans United: Trans-United is an online meeting place for transgenders with a bicultural background.
- Beit Ha’Chidush (BHC): A LGBT-friendly independent modern Jewish community for everyone with a Jewish background.
- CHJC: An association for Christian LGB people.
- Contario: An association for Christian lesbians and homosexuals.
- Netwerk Mirre: For lesbian and bisexual women who are interested in religion ans spirituality.
- Stichting Maruf: Organisation that gives queer muslims a voice. They have projects that promote social acceptance and awareness of sexual and gender diversity in religious communities. They also offer support to queer muslims who struggle with their faith.
- Transgender netwerk Nederland: Interest group that promotes acceptation and emancipation of transgenders and their family in the Netherlands.
- Transgender Info Nederland: A website for information about transgender in the Netherlands (in Dutch). They also have a list of all regional transgender initiatives.
- Transvisie: Patient organisation that helps people that have questions about their gender identity and the people around them. English version of the website of Transvisie can be found here.
- I-psy LHBTI-poli Amsterdam: focuses on LGBTI migrants, expats and refugees with psychological problems.
- Prisma Groep: Dutch organisation for bicultural and/or Muslim LGBTQI+ (incl. refugees).
- Regenbooghulp: For help around homosexuality and gender identity with religion.
- COC: An interest group for LGBTI people in the Netherlands.
- Expreszo: Website for people up to 25 years old with news, chat options and articles.
- Gay and School: Website with practical information around sexual diversity in education. School boards, teachers and students can find information, education materials, book lists and policy information here.
- Homo en handicap: For gay people with a disability.
- LNBI: An interest group for bisexual people.
- Roze gebaar: For LHBT’s with hearing problems.
Movisie is a research institute for the social domain. They translate scientific research to practical policy advice. Their website is mostly in Dutch, but a nice source for information. They also offer an academy with modules to follow to learn more about how to support LGBT people. Here is an overview of some of their pieces on LGBT+ issues: