WIMEK symposium "Research for impact"
Connected to the visit of the WIMEK International Advisory Board (IAB), a WIMEK symposium is organised for the IAB and all WIMEK members: staff, PhD candidates and postdocs.
Participation is free, but registration is required.
Registration deadline: Monday 26 September, 9 AM.
12:00 - 12:45: Registration and lunch
12:45 - 13:00: Welcome by WIMEK director Carolien Kroeze and Introduction by , postdoc
13:00 - 15:00: Transdisciplinary research approaches at WIMEK (chair: dr. Jillian Student)
- Keynote , professor and chair Environmental Policy WUR:
"WIMEK transdisciplinary science through action research"
- Keynote , professor of Development Studies University of London:
"Being interdisciplinary: justification, challenges, method and politics"
13:40 - 13:50 Q&A / short break
- Case 1: (, professor Water and Climate Change)
- Case 2: (, professor Aquatic Ecology and Water Quality Management)
- Case 3: (, associate professor Environmental Technology)
- Case 4: (, chair holder Land Use Planning Group)
- Plenary discussion: what can WIMEK do to strengthen transdisciplinary research approaces?
15:00 - 15:30 Coffee and tea break
15:30 - 16:30 Three parallel sessions with PhD pitches connected to WIMEK's Grand Challenges
16:30 - 17:00 Three parallel sessions: How can WIMEK strengthen its societal impact regarding each of its three Grand Challenges?
17:00 - 17:30 Plenary session: reflection by IAB members
17:30 - 18:00 Drinks and bites