Research of Laboratory of BioNanoTechnology
Research interests of the BioNT group range from dynamic supramolecular chemistry in solution and on surfaces, to biomedical use of nanomaterials and microfluidic technologies.
Applications are the development of for example multimodal diagnostic and theragnostic agents, and the fabrication of microfluidic sensing systems based on optical/fluorescence and NMR spectroscopy.
The main research topics within the Laboratory of BioNanoTechnology are:
Complex Coacervate Core Micelles (C3Ms)
Sensors & Devices
Micro ContactPrinting (µCP)
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
We have strong collaborations with the following groups and organizations:
- Physical Chemistry and Soft Matter (PCC), headed by Prof.Dr.Ir. Jasper van der Gucht
- Organic Chemistry (ORC), headed by Prof.Dr. Han (JT) Zuilhof.
- MAGNEFY, formerly known as Wageningen NMR Centre (WNMRC), headed by Prof.Dr. Aldrik (AH) Velders.
- Interventional Molecular Imaging Laboratory (IMI), Leiden University Medical Center (LUMC), The Netherlands, headed by Dr. Fijs (FWB) van Leeuwen.
- Microwave and Sustainable Organic Chemistry (MSOC), Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha (UCLM), Spain, headed by Prof.Dr. Antonio de la Hoz Ayuso.
- The Dutch NMR initiative (NMR-NL).
- The COmprehensive Analytical Science and Technology initiative (COAST).