What you eat and how you live has a big impact on your physical and mental health. But can it also slow down ageing? Be empowered by the science behind diet and the ageing body. Join us and learn to take control of your ageing process!
How your body changes with age and the importance of a healthy diet and lifestyle
As you age, the functioning of your body declines : your muscles become less strong, your bones more brittle and you may become more forgetful.
Fortunately, we can do something about this! Studies have shown that a healthy diet, together with regular exercise, can slow down or prevent the decline in muscle strength, bone density and brain functioning with age.
Are you ready to learn how diet and lifestyle can slow down ageing?
Science-based insight into the role of nutrition in longevity
In an era where we are bombarded with opinions on nutrition, this course offers you the science behind food & the ageing body. Understanding the how and the why will not only allow you to make better informed decisions. It will also strengthen your motivation to stick with new, healthy habits.
Together, we will explore what happens in the body and how this affects your functioning. Learn how to use nutrition and lifestyle to slow down ageing. Join us today and improve your chance at living a longer, healthier, and more fulfilling life!
Lifestyle over genetics
In the introductory module, we will explore the general context of the ageing process. We will learn about the so-called Blue Zones, the importance of lifestyle and the role of genes.
The ageing body; your digestion, muscles, bones and brain
In the subsequent four modules, we’ll take a deep dive into the effect of ageing on:
- Food consumption, digestion and how medication could influence this;
- What happens in the muscle and how nutrition and exercise can be used to maintain strength;
- What changes occur in the bone and how to maintain strong bones; and;
- What changes take place in the brain, specific risk factors and how to maintain brain health.
Take a look in the mirror
In the assignments, you will be challenged to look at where you are now:
- Map your own food intake and compare this with the best diets for ageing;
- Assess your risk for ageing diseases, and;
- Come up with ideas on how to decrease your risks via nutrition and lifestyle.
Upgrade to the Verified Track
For those looking to further deepen their knowledge, and to learn how to practically implement nutritional advice in their daily (professional) routine, upgrading to the Verified Track may be just the right choice for you!
This online course is designed for anyone motivated to learn more about healthy ageing. Whether you’re an ‘experience expert’ or you simply want to invest in your health and that of your relatives and friends. Enrol today!
After this course, you'll be able to:
- Understand what ageing is and what the main biological causes are.
- Explain how food consumption and digestion is altered in the aged body.
- Define how ageing affects one's movement, body composition, and memory.
- Apply knowledge about nutrition and lifestyle in your daily routine.