Join our online Smartwatch hackathon on November 26th and 27th! Wageningen University & Research (WUR) and OnePlanet collaborate to challenge students with an interest in data in agri-food to meet us online to create new smartwatch solutions. This will be a unique online event, available globally.
Topics and goal
You will develop an innovative smartwatch concept in an interdisciplinary team of (international) students, a researcher and a representative from an agri-tech company. Three topics are available:
- Food, Nutrition and Health
- Flowers (consumer behaviour)
The goal of the WUR & OnePlanet hackathon is to have creative tech talent from different universities work on targeted challenges offered and mentored by researchers and experts. The hackathon offers a peer-to-peer learning experience in fast-changing environments.
What do we ask?
- Interest in wearables, sensors and data
- Developer skills or creative mind (or both);
- Affinity with one of the mentioned topics
- Preferably experienced with hackathons
We invite both bachelor and master students to participate. You can register as an individual, duo or as a team of three to five students. In case you have registered as an individual or duo, we place you in a team.
Register here before November 18th, 12 pm CET:
- November 16th 4 - 5 pm CET online info event. In this event you will get more information about the challenge and there will be room to ask questions. Register individually for the Info Event through this link.
- November 18th 12 pm CET registration will be closed.
- November 20th 5 pm CET formation of teams will be announced.
- November 26th 9.00 am CET - November 27th 5.00 pm CET: The Hackathon!
What’s in it for you?
- Mentoring by researchers on novel technologies
- Learn from experts in agri-tech companies
- Win a prize! We will reward 6 Bangle.js smartwatches including an Espruino board