Graduation procedures Master (MSc) & Bachelor (BSc): Wageningen University introduced ‘automatic graduation’.
This means that when your last (sufficient) grade has been entered in the Student Information System (in your approved SPA), it will automatically be determined that you have passed the final examination in the programme and you will receive an automatic email confirming your graduation within 2- 4 days. Always check in your SPA to make sure your last grade was booked on the correct course code.
You must request for termination of enrolment in Studielink before the last day of the month in which you will graduate, in order to get restitution of a part of your paid tuition fee. It is only a request, and it will not be processed unless you are actually graduated.
The procedures with regard to the final Bachelors and Masters examination and graduation:
1. Wageningen University & Research determines automatically when you have passed the last course in your approved individual examination programme (SPA) and therefore have passed the final Bachelor or Masters examination. Please make sure that your study programme in SPA is 100% correct, has been approved by the examining board and that there are no unfinished courses in it.
2. Your graduation date is the date on which the last positive result of the last interim examination of your study programme is entered into the student information system, or: the date of approval of your (altered) SPA.
3. Within 2-4 days you should receive an automatically generated email confirming your graduation date.
4. Before the last day of the month in which you receive your last grade you can request termination of enrolment in Studielink.
5. In the first week of the next month, the Student Service Centre (SSC) will contact you by email on your private email address. You will then be asked to inform the SSC when and how you wish to receive your degree certificate.
6. Around the 15th of the next month the Examining Board will determine if the examination was passed with distinction (cum laude). If this is the case the SSC will inform you by email on your private email address.
7. After the final examination date, if you wish, you can continue your enrolment for the remainder of the academic year in order to complete extra courses. You can request a certificate for the extra courses you have passed.
8. The graduation ceremonies are organised five times a year for master graduates and two times a year for bachelor graduates. The degree certificate and diploma supplement will only be issued to you if all financial obligations have been fulfilled. If you are not able to attend the graduation ceremony will be given other options to receive your diploma.
Termination of Enrolment through Studielink.
Students should submit a request for termination of enrolment via Studielink, at the latest in the month that the final grade is entered into the system. Please submit the request on time, you don’t have to wait for your last grade to be registered, because your enrolment will not be terminated if you have not graduated for some reason.
If the SSC receives your request for termination in February, we are obliged by law to terminate your enrolment as of March 1. If we receive the request in March, the termination of enrolment will be effective as of April 1 and so on. State the reason for termination of enrolment. If the reason is 'graduation' the Student Service Centre will only process your request when you actually graduate. Following termination of the enrolment, refund of tuition fees is possible.