On this page you will find all the information for applying and enrolment as a ‘bijvak’ student at Wageningen University & Research & Research.
Application 'bijvak' student
· Be enrolled in 2020/2021 as a student at an Institute for Higher Education in the Netherlands for a ‘CROHO’ registered programme;
· Submit a ‘Proof of Payment of Tuition Fees 2020/2021’;
· Submit an application via the Osiris application portal for ‘Bijvak’ students;
· Submit a completed statement from the Examination Committee of the institution where the student is enrolled stating:
o the subjects (mentioned by name and subject code) to be taken at Wageningen University & Research are part of the programme at their Institution, and that;
o the subjects (mentioned by name and subject code) to be taken at Wageningen University & Research are not offered at their Institution;
· ‘Bijvak’ student can register for courses up to a maximum of 42 credits (within the bachelor’s and/or master’s programme). In case a student has registered for less than 42 credits in the period of enrolment, a request for extension of the enrolment can be submitted to SSC. If the student wants to register for more than 42 credits, the student should enrol as a regular student;
· Registration for the work form ‘internship’ (IN) is not possible
· Written permission from the WU examination committee is required for the work forms ‘thesis’ (TH), ‘academic master cluster’ (AMC) and ‘academic consultancy training’(ACT)
· Please note: subjects/courses with a set maximum number of participants
Some courses have a set maximum number of participants (see the Study Handbook https://ssc.wur.nl/Handbook). 'Bijvak’ students can register for these courses but it is highly probable that they cannot be admitted, because regular bachelor’s and master’s students of Wageningen University & Research are given priority for placement for these courses. If ‘bijvak’ students want to apply for a course with a maximum number of participants, also if it is part of a minor, they must submit an alternative course in case placement in the course of their first choice is not possible. If you would like to do a minor that includes a course with a maximum number of participants and if you have a problem finding an alternative course, please contact the minor coordinator (see: https://www.wur.nl/en/Education-Programmes/BSc-Minors.htm)
Make sure that if you want to follow a course with a set maximum number of participants, you register yourself as a ‘bijvak’ student one week before the deadline via registration for the course;
o HAVO 7;
o VWO 6;
o RATEr: Listening pass, Reading pass, Writing borderline, Speaking borderline
Only accepted when taken at ‘WU Wageningen in’to Languages’ (please also see Wageningen in'to Languages). Note, costs are involved;
o IELTS: overall grade 6.0 with a minimum sub-score of 6.0 for speaking;
o TOEFL: internet-based 80 with a minimum sub-score of 20 for speaking;
o Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE/C1): score between 169-190;
o Cambridge First Certificate (FCE/B2): score between 180-230;
o Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE/C2): score between 180-230;
o Applicants enrolled at a Dutch University are exempted from submitting an English Proficiency test;
o Applicants who have completed a fully English taught Bachelor at a Dutch university of applied sciences (HBO) are exempted from submitting an English Proficiency test. However, they are required to upload a signed statement from their institution that the medium of instruction during the complete Bachelor’s programme they followed was English.
1. Copy valid passport or ID card (showing your personal details)
2. WU form ‘Statement Examination Committee’, completed and signed by your institution. The statement must be completed and signed by your Examination Board.
Do you want to follow TH (thesis) and AMC / ACT (academic master cluster/academic consultancy training) courses? Upload the email in which you have obtained permission from the WU Examination Board to follow these courses.
3. Proof of proficiency in the English language (not applicable to students enrolled at a Dutch University).
Please submit the following documents in a different way:
4. Original Proof of Payment of Tuition Fees¹ (Bewijs Betaald Collegegeld - BBC) 2020/2021
- Ask your own institution to send a BBC to email@example.com
- send the original BBC (stamped and signed) by regular mail (not email) to: Wageningen University & Research, Student Service Centre (SSC), FORUM, Droevendaalsesteeg 2, 6708 PB Wageningen
-hand in the original BBC (stamped and signed) at the Student Desk.
Proof of Payment of Tuition Fees (Bewijs Betaald Collegegeld - BBC) = original statement issued by the Dutch Institution for Higher Education of the students 1st enrolment, in which the Institute declares that the student is enrolled for a ‘CROHO’ registered programme and states the amount of tuition fee paid by the student for the 1st enrolment. The statement is issued for the purpose of registration at Wageningen University & Research.
|Minor||Deadline for enrolment|
|Given in Period 1, 2 & 3||August 3, 2020|
|Given in Period 4, 5 & 6||January 4, 2021|
|Subjects||Deadline for Enrolment|
|Period 1||August 3, 2020|
|Period 2||September 14, 2020|
|Period 3||November 16, 2020|
|Period 4||January 4, 2021|
|Period 5||February 1, 2021|
|Period 6||April 12 , 2021|
Please note: all requested documents must be submitted before the deadline.
If you happen to submit a document that does not meet the conditions, you must have submitted a correct copy before the deadline.
If something is wrong with your documents, you will receive an email. You can also see the status of your registration in the application portal.
When enrolled as a ‘Bijvak’ student at Wageningen University & Research, you will be sent an email concerning your WUR account username and password. You will then have access to https://wur.osiris-student.nl/
Here you can download your proof of enrolment and register for courses via the course catalogue. You are not automatically registered for the courses.