Unique about this master’s
- Possibilities to broaden and deepen your knowledge
- Internationally oriented programme
- An in-depth understanding of natural processes that is needed for innovative solutions that deal with issues like climate change, water resources, loss of biodiversity and soil degradation.
Study programme Earth and Environment
In two years this programme will train you to become an expert in your specialisation of choice. On the Programme of Earth and Environment page you can find the general outline of the programme and more detailed information about courses, theses and internships. You can also read more about the Background of the programme.
Within the master's programme you can choose one of the following Specialisations to meet your personal interests.
- Hydrology and Water Resources
- Meteorology and Air Quality
- Biology and Chemistry of Soil and Water
- Soil Geography and Earth Surface Dynamics
Compare this programme
There are other similar master's programmes, but this is the only one that investigates environmental problems with a focus on the relationship between soil, water and atmosphere. Compare this study programme with similar programmes from Wageningen University & Research and other universities.
After graduation, students from Earth and Environment enter a diverse job market that offers lots of opportunities to further develop yourself. Most students will stay in research or will become a consultant at (multinational) consultancy firms dealing with environmental issues. On the page Future Career you can read more about the possibilities that alumni have after finishing this programme.
The best way to get to know a place is by getting to know the people. Students share their experiences with the master's Earth and Environment and the student life in Wageningen on the page Student experiences.
Application and admission
Interested in taking part in the programme of Earth and Environment? Find out more about the specific Admission requirements and the application procedures.
Get into personal contact with one of the representatives of Wageningen University & Research. Learn more about all the possibilities if you are interested.
- Unfortunately, your cookie settings do not allow videos to be displayed. - check your settings