The Africa Scholarship Programme (ASP) has been initiated by Wageningen University & Research to give talented and motivated students from Africa the opportunity to study in Wageningen.
With this programme, Wageningen wants to support capacity building in Africa by attracting excellent students for a 2-years master's programme.
What is the Africa Scholarship Programme?
- Number of scholarships: 7
- Citizenship: All African countries
- Application deadline for MSc programme: 1 February 2020
- Start master's programme: 1 September 2020
- Eligibility for the scholarship: Excellent students with a GPA of 80 percent or higher in a bachelor degree, and admitted to a Wageningen University MSc Programme.
Components of the scholarship:
- Travel to and from Wageningen
- Living allowance for 2 years
- Tuition fee
- Visa costs and costs for health insurance
- Budget to visit one seminar/conference in Europe
- Participation in the ‘Reach your full potential’ programme
First check whether you meet the admission requirements for an MSc programme:
- Fluency in English
- Specific requirements
Information about admission requirements can be found here.
Apart from the admission requirements, only excellent candidates, who can prove that they are among the best 5% of their study cohort, will be selected. The GPA can play a role in this but also the granting of a ‘first class’ bachelor degree, reference letters or achievement awards.
If you feel that that the description above applies to you, you can apply for an MSc programme and, after being admitted, we might invite you to participate in the ASP selection process.
In the first half of March 2020, all candidates who have been admitted by Wageningen University to an MSc programme will be assessed with regard to the Africa Scholarship Programme.
A selected group of candidates will be invited by e-mail on 16 March 2020, to make an additional and personalised assignment (deadline 30 March 2020). Only candidates who will be invited for the ASP selection will receive an e-mail. It will be announced on the website (under step 5) when the invitations have been sent.
In the week of 20 to 30 April 2020, a selected group of candidates can be interviewed (by skype). Everybody who has been invited on 16 March will be informed on 13 April whether or not they will be invited for the skype interview.
On 14 May 2020, the result of the selection process will be communicated.
The possible results are:
- Positive and an ASP scholarship will be granted;
- Positive but the candidate will be placed on a waiting list;
- Negative, meaning that no ASP scholarship will be granted.
Wageningen University has pre-selected and invited candidates by email to apply for the Africa Scholarship Programme. You can only apply for the ASP scholarship if you have been invited to do so.
Invitations have been sent on March 16th, 2020. Please do not contact us regarding this. If you have not received an invitation you are not considered to be a suitable candidate for this scholarship.
Important dates for the ASP at a glance:
1 February 2020: deadline to apply for an MSc admission
16 March 2020: selection of candidates to take part in the further selection process (approx. 60 candidates will be selected)
30 March 2020: deadline additional assignment
13 April 2020: Decision about skype interviews communicated (approx. 20 candidates will be interviewed)
20 to 30 April 2020: Skype interviews
14 May 2020: results of the selection process communicated