The Holland Scholarship is a scholarship made available by the Dutch Ministry of Education Culture and Science together with Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences.
What is the Holland Scholarship?
It is meant for international students from Canada, Chili, Colombia, Ecuador, Japan, Mexico, Peru, South Korea or USA, who want to do their master's in Holland.
If you are selected you will get a one-time payment of €5000. This will be transferred to your Dutch bank account during the first year of your study. A candidate can be awarded multiple Holland Scholarships, up to a maximum of three (€ 15.000)
The 5 steps of application
- Check if you meet the scholarship requirements as mentioned below.
- Fill out the financial plan. Download the format and fill it out.
- Please upload the financial plan with your application form.
- Apply for the Holland Scholarship by submitting the form.
- Finish your application before 1 May 2019.
- You are an excellent applicant from Canada, Chili, Colombia, Ecuador Japan, Mexico, Peru, South Korea or USA. Students with a double nationality (EU- and Non-EEA nationality) must contact the Student Service Centre to check whether they are eligible for a scholarship.
- You have been unconditionally admitted to one of our master's programmes.
- A complete financial plan that explains how the total costs of your study are financed. If you have a partial scholarship, a student loan or private resources for funding, please provide proof of this by uploading a scholarship letter or a bank statement.
- You did not participate in a degree programme in the Netherlands before.
- Please send along with your financial plan, a ranking sheet or reference letter of your previous educational institution as a proof of your excellence. This may help to get the scholarship.
All applications will be evaluated by a representation of Wageningen University & Research. They will focus on excellence, the quality and feasibility of your financial plan and diversity of the awardees. All applicants will be informed about the outcome as before 12 June 2019.
Note: The Holland Scholarships is financially supported by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science and is administrated by Nuffic. As part of the scholarship programme the university is obliged to share the following details with both parties:
- Awardees: Complete name, gender, date of birth, nationality, country of prior education, email address of awardee, name of university and programme for which the scholarship has been awarded.
- Rejected candidates: Nationality, name of university and programme for which the scholarship has applied for.
The Holland Scholarship is made available by: Wageningen University & Research | VSNU | Nuffic | Vereniging Hogescholen | Ministry of Education, Culture and Science