If you are a postdoc that is affiliated to one of the chairgroups that belongs to the Wageningen Institute for Environment and Climate Research (WIMEK), you can register yourself with the WIMEK graduate school. Being a member of WIMEK will provide you with several advantages such as:
- Introduction meeting with the WIMEK postdoccoordinator with fellow postdocs 2x a year).
- Career Development Plan for Postdoctoral researchers (CDPP): a document in which the postdoc formulates the goals /deliverables of the work, what their career ambitions are, and what (training) activities they want to follow to optimise their career perspectives.
- You will get a reduced fee (50% of cost price) for skills, grant application and career courses offered by Wageningen Graduate Schools (WGS)
- You receive the monthly newsletter of the graduate school with information about courses, workshops, open positions, grants etc.
- If you have an interesting topic for a scientific meeting (e.g. workshop, course, seminar), you can contact the Graduate school for organisational, logistical and financial support.
- The postdoc advisors give confidential advice on problems related to research or issues with the PI or chair and can advise you on training, personal and career development, career choices and coaching.
If you want to learn more about being a postdoc or open postdoc positions within the Wageningen University you can have a look here. In case you are looking for specific support within the Wageningen University you can have a look at our support document for Postdocs and/ or the road map for WIMEK postdocs.