MSc Projects at AEW
There are many subjects available for a MSc project at AEW. Subjects vary strongly: laboratory experiments, field experiments, field studies and modelling of aquatic ecology, ecotoxicology, chemistry and the European Water Framework Directive. For marine topics there are possibilities for doing your thesis (partly) at IMARES (Dutch only). The following list gives an indication of the current subjects at our group (but there are more options!):
External MSc projects and internships
There can also be possibilities for doing your MSc Thesis in cooperation with another organization. The internship can be done in many places of the world. The contact persons can help you to choose and to contact an institute.
Some other institutes where you could do a MSc Thesis or internship are listed here:
- Waterdienst Rijkswaterstaat Waterdienst
- IMARES Research into strategic and applied marine ecology.
- Deltares Applied research instititute for water
- Wageningen Environmental Research the research institute for our green living environment.
- NIOZ Royal Netherlands Institute of Sea Research
- NIOO Netherlands Institute of Ecology
- TNO a knowledge organisation for companies, government bodies and public organisations
Consulting Engineers (examples)
- Unie van Waterschappen Association of Water Boards (with list of all boards)
- STOWA Research for Water Boards
There is also a website for internships in the Netherlands (in Dutch).