Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation welcomes all mid-career professionals from low and middle-income countries to develop their knowledge and skills on sustainable & inclusive food systems through our short courses. Depending on your financial situation, you can apply as a scholarship candidate or as a self-funded participant. Unfortunately, Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation has no budget for financial support but we provide you support to obtain a scholarship from Nuffic.
The Application Procedure
- Register for the course of your interest by clicking the ‘apply’ button on the webpage of this course. A registration form will open;
- Fill in the required fields of the registration form. Please note to write your date of birth without a zero (e.g. 1-5-1980 instead of 01-05-1980);
- Before you submit, check your details on the final page of the registration form;
- After submitting, you will receive a confirmation email. Make sure to directly click on the link in the email to confirm your registration. Without your confirmation, your registration cannot be processed;
- If you apply as an OKP or MSP-scholarship candidate, you will receive a registration letter for the scholarship at the beginning of the scholarship cycle.
- If you apply as a self-funded participant: we will forward your request for acceptance to the course leader. This can take some time as it depends on the coordinators' schedule (1-3 weeks);
- If you’re accepted into the course programme, we’ll send you an admission letter by e-mail;
- You receive all required travel documents from us after you are selected for the scholarship (OKP/MSP-scholarship candidates) or when we’ve received your payment (self-funded participant).
More Information about Funding
There are several options to fund your participation in our short courses.
The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs initiates different programmes for individual scholarships. The selection of theses scholarships is done by Nuffic, the Dutch organisation for facilitating the internationalisation of education.
The most common programmes are the Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP), MENA Scholarship Programme (MSP) and StuNed. Depending on your nationality, Nuffic's selection criteria and your countries plan of implementation, you are welcome to attend one of our short courses by means of these scholarships.
Please note that you separately need to apply for the scholarship in Nuffic's registration system DELTA. We will send you all required instructions to do so within the OKP or MSP-registration letter. Be aware that the scholarship application period closes at least 6 months before the actual start of the course and is spread over three different time periods a year.
We recommend you to start your application well in advance as the application process requires time and the following documents:
- Copy of your international passport, valid until at least three months after the scholarship application deadline (PDF)
- Employer statement and a plan of how to implement the acquired knowledge (PDF)
- Depending on your nationality and profession, some candidates need to provide a Government Statement (PDF)
Detailed information and the application criteria can be found under 'Scholarship Information'.
If you’re not eligible for any Nuffic-programme or want to avoid the competition, you’re also welcome to apply as a self-funded participant. In this case, tick the box 'I have confirmed sponsor' when filling out the candidate registration form. Please mention your sponsors' name and prepare a letter confirming your sponsorship. You can apply as a self-funded participant until 6 weeks before the start of the course.
After the course coordinator reviewed your application, you will receive an admission letter and an invoice. Your application is assessed on:
- Motivation & Personal Learning Goals
- Relevance to the Course
- Confirmed Sponsorship
Please note, we will only start sending the required travel documents after we received your payment.
Practical information for selected candidates
If you are accepted to participate in one of our course, there are a few practical matters that need your attention:
Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation will arrange accommodation for all course participants during the course on basis of full board and lodging. For OKP, MSP, StuNed or ITTO participants, the costs for accommodation will be covered by the scholarship. Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation will also arrange a health insurance for participants during the course. The costs for health insurance are covered by the fellowship.
For self paying participants, the costs for accommodation and health insurance will be invoiced.
More information about the costs for accommodation and health insurance can be found in the cost estimate on the course website.
For participants with and OKP, MSP, StuNed scholarship, Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation will book the flight tickets. The costs for international travel will be covered by the scholarship. Self paying participants are expected to arrange their own flight and are expected to arrive at least 1 day before the start of the course.