Nigeria seed sector assessment
Seed Alerts identify current challenges and urgent action in the Nigerian seed sector, based on surveys and focus group discussions with various stakeholders.
Below, you can download the most recent seed alert for Nigeria with key actions defined.
Rapid Assessments are conducted at the country level through survey and focus group discussions (FGDs). In its approach the Rapid Assessments are inspired by the sector model developed by AidEnvironment. This model is adapted by the Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation (WCDI) to a variety of sectors. Read more about the methodology on our page 'Rapid assessments: methodology'.
The latest sesame sector assessment
Read the seed alert of June 2020 for Nigeria, with key actions defined. Download the full assessment (PDF):
Want to know more?
- [Page] The effect of COVID-19 on food systems: our sector alerts
- [Methodology] Rapid assessments: methodology
- [Seed sector assessment] Myanmar
- [Seed sector assessment] Ethiopia
- [Seed sector assessment] Uganda
- [Expertise] Guiding sector transformation
- [Newsitem] COVID-19: Rapid assessments highlight immediate impacts of crisis on the seed sector
- [Projects] Integrated Seed Sector Development