The Resource Ecology Group is involved in teaching several courses as shown below. Additionally you can do an internship or thesis at our department.
Visit the Study Handbook website for more detailed information on the courses provided by our Group, or select one of the courses from the course overview.
Looking for a thesis or internship? Meet our staff every Monday at 15:00 before the colloquia. You can directly talk to our staff and discuss possible subjects. Of course, you are most welcome to join the presentations of your fellow students, which will give you a great insight in projects at our group!
Every monday 15:00 -17:00
Student colloquia & meet our staff, with drinks.
Typically in Lumen 1 or 2.
All research and education at the Resource Ecology Group is conducted in accordance with the Netherlands Code of Conduct for Scientific Practice.
- Checklist formal admission procedure of foreign PhD's (not employed by Wageningen University & Research)
- PhD Guidelines for supervisors
- Study handbook and course schedules
- MyPortal (EduWeb)
- Student Service Centre (SSC)
- Colloquium attendance list (REG members only)
- Colloquium planning list (REG members only)
- Software for REG-students (login with your WUR-account)
Capita Selecta: Student Safari
Since 2010, university field courses named ‘Student Safaris’ are organised on a yearly basis, where enthusiastic and motivated students explore the wildlife and nature of Southern Africa. Students are invited to explore diverse ecosystems, encounter endemic wildlife species, and learn more about nature conservation on site. Two field courses (Capita selecta, 3 ECTS) will start in 2019:
- South Africa and Swaziland (SA): 12-31 July 2019
- Botswana-Zimbabwe (SABoZi): 9-28 July or 9 July-1 August 2019 (in case you also join the extension to South-Africa, including Kruger National Park)
Meet like-minded students and make a difference to nature, by gaining knowledge on conservation while being in the field. For more information on this once in a lifetime experience, you can send an e-mail to email@example.com.
For more information, you are very welcome to visit the info meeting: Tuesday 2 April 2019, Forum, Wageningen University, room C656 16:30 - 17:30. For more info see also: http://www.twana.nl/en.
Students of the Resource Ecology Group are eligible for receiving the following two awards:
- The Alfred Russel Wallace Award in Resource Ecology - this award will be bestowed once per year for the best Master's thesis. Only master's students of the Resource Ecology Group are eligible, under the condition that they have handed in their thesis (final version).
- The Willem Barentsz Award in Resource Ecology - this award will be bestowed once per year for the best field work leading to a Master's thesis. Only master's students of the Resource Ecology Group are eligible, under the condition that they have handed in their thesis (final version).