The Education Committee advises the board on matters concerning the content and format of the PhD and postdoc training and education programme, as well as on specific issues related to the PhD programme (such as progress monitoring, stress reduction, career management, etc.)
Specific tasks of the Education Committee:
- guard the quality of the content and format of the WIMEK PhD and postdoc training and education programme through assessment of both past activities and future plans
- support PhDs and postdocs in their development towards having a broad set of skills and competences upon graduation
- determine what the demands, needs and the new opportunities are for new training and education directions, and to assess how this all translates into TSP requirements
- assess if and how the overall support of PhDs and postdocs can be improved
- report on past activities and future plans to the WIMEK director yearly
The WIMEK Education committee consists of 3 scientific staff members, 3 PhD candidates and 2 postdocs.
The WIMEK PhD coordinator and the Education committee secretary are advisors and policy makers of the committee. They determine the agenda for the meeting together with the chair of committee and the WIMEK PhD council.
The committee meets at least two times a year.
The committee members welcome input on new ideas, suggestions for improvement and general concerns surrounding PhD support.
Members of the Education Committee