Are you a current student at Wageningen University and are you in financial trouble through no fault of your own? Then you might be eligible for support from the Louise O. Fresco Fund for students in force majeure situations. Please read the information below about the criteria and the procedure carefully.
Who can apply?
- Must be Bachelor's or Master's students enrolled in one of the study programmes at WUR, OR a PhD student without a contract at WUR. All nationalities are eligible.
- Are in financial trouble through no fault of their own and don't have a study delay. If you do have a study delay, please go to the Student Deans to discuss your situation.
NOT eligible are:
- Prospective students who are not yet enrolled.
- PhD students with a WUR-contract. This group can contact their supervisor for assistance within the policies that have been established.
- Applications for tuition fees.
Please note that we will not answer e-mails from individuals who are clearly not eligible, in order to use our time and energy to support relevant applications.
- Applicants must have no other options for funding.
- The support of the fund is limited to the cost of living, including housing. The support of the fund is not meant to cover tuition fees.
- The maximum amount of support per student is 3.000 euros.
- The maximum period of support is 6 months.
- The application should be supported by documents that support your case and a financial plan. Please check which financial documents are needed in "step 2" below.
How to apply
Step 1: Meet with your study advisor to discuss your situation.
To apply a support letter of your study advisor is needed.
Step 2: Apply
Please send in:
- A completed application form
- The support letter from your study advisor.
- Overview of your grades and ects
- A financial plan for the coming months, demonstrating how the contribution of the emergency fund will help you graduate
- Bank statement from the previous month
- Your rental contract
- Overview of your fixed income and expenses per month
- If applicable, proof of unemployment (student job) or correspondence regarding your unemployment
- If applicable, correspondence from scholarship provide
Send your application to the email address on the application form and mention "Louise O. Fresco Fund" in the subject line.
Step 3: Review and decision
Applications will be reviewed by the selection committee. You will receive the decision made by the committee as soon as possible with a short motivation.
Applications will be processed once a month.
Please note that any application form without support letter from your study advisor will not be reviewed.
There is no option to appeal against the decision of the selection committee.