Do you want to contribute to a better world with your extended essay? Then sign up for the Wageningen Youth Institute 2020, advice world leaders and win a trip to the Global Youth Institute in the United States!
About the competition
The Wageningen Youth Institute is part of Wageningen University & Research and the World Food Prize Foundation in the United States. The Youth Institute challenges high school students to look for solutions to one of the biggest challenges we face in the world: “How do we feed the world in 2050 in a fair, sustainable and healthy way when the world population rises to 10 billion? ”
Sign up before 1 february 2020.
How to participate?
1. Pick a theme
a. Future-proof agriculture
b. Agro Food Robotics
c. Meat substitutes
d. Food waste
e. Global food security
If you already have a topic, but you don't know if it fits within one of the themes, please contact us.
2. Participate in extra activities (not compulsory)
a. Extended essay (PWS) day: learn everything about asking a good research question
b. Advice workshop: how do you write a strong advice?. Held on Tuesday, February 11.
3. Come to the Wageningen Youth Institute 2020
The Wageningen Youth Institute 2020 is organized on Thursday, March 19. On this day you present your advice to experts.
4. Win and go to the Global Youth Institute
Win and go with the Dutch delegation to the Global Youth Institute in Des Moines, United States in October of 2020. There you will have the opportunity to present your advice to world leaders, meet winners from other countries and you will be present at the award ceremony of the World Food Prize.
- You really can have an impact and think about a better world.
- You learn skills such as discussing and presenting. Very handy for school and afterwards.
- You meet and advise policy makers, entrepreneurs and scientists.
- You become part of the Wageningen Youth Institute, where you make special friendships and build a network that can be useful in your later career.
- You have a chance to win a trip to the Global Youth Institute in the United States.